Friday, July 18, 2008

Dearest Western Dance,
now that I've officially stepped down, I want to express some of my thoughts on this year of service.
Despite the really tough times, you have meant so much to me, having gone through 3.5 years together. True, there were many ups and downs, many unhappy moments, but yet I'd like to remember the happier ones. I've forged some of the strongest and most precious friendships through this CCA. I am really proud and grateful to have been a part of this family, one that has brought much joy.
And lastly, no ExCo is ever perfect. We've stumbled, fallen, made many mistakes and offended many people along the way, but I'd like for you to know that we've really cherished Western Dance, and put in our best effort into serving this term. I'm sorry for the mistakes, for being too close that we appear cold and aloof, for changing things about WD that you may not have wanted to change, but I hope you'll understand that we never meant to draw that distinct line, and we've always put the best interests of WD first.
So, thank you for supporting us throughout this entire journey, I hope we've made a difference. And I'm sure that the new ExCo will be there to lead the CCA on to higher achievements. We'll always be here to cheer you on and be happy for you when next year, you get that double Gold with Honours (:
I'm proud to have been your President.

Dearest ExCo 0809,
I'm happy for you, that you've stepped up to lead the CCA after a really long journey that I won't deny has been really tiring. I have faith that you'll be able to continue to lead the CCA well. It's going to be the start of another long journey, but always remember why you ran for ExCo, and let the love for this CCA fuel you.

Teachers-in-charge,
it's probably been a really tough year working with us. We've had our little disagreements and many meetings just trying to work things out yet hardly coming to a conclusion. But somehow or another, these little things have helped us to mature as an ExCo. Thank you for teaching us so many things, and I hope we haven't made your lives too difficult.

Mr Dan,
all the little things you do to show your appreciation are so amusing. You've taught me alot about dance, and it's been a pleasure working with you.

Seniors,
thanks for being there every step of the way, silently supporting and encouraging us when things got rough. You're a really fabulous batch and I really enjoy all the random dinners, mugging sessions, gossips, and knowing that you appreciate us for who we are. I'm glad to have known you. Let's survive As together (:

Dearest ExCo 0708,
I never expected how much everything would mean to me until today. Thank you for tolerating my anal-ness, the disagreements, the times when we could never seem to figure anything out. In retrospect, the past year of facing so many challenges has really bonded us together. I want to thank you for simply everything. Our 3-hour long meetings at the atrium, trooping down to clean the store/ DS1, going crazy over scheduling, all of that has turned so much into second nature that I find that I'll miss all of it.
I will never regret being in ExCo because this year of service has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Reading your notes, watching Jer's video, it meant alot to me that you feel this way too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I guess the more you've put into something, the more you cherish it and the larger the sense of loss when you actually have to let go. But, I wouldn't have traded this experience for anything.